Rodents can squeeze through even the tiniest of holes. Mice, rats, squirrels – all can easily get into your house if openings aren’t sealed.
Once rodents get in your attic, you’ve got a major problem to address. Because not only are they soiling and damaging your attic, they’re bringing with them a slew of insects. And they’re just a few feet from where you live. Now you have a full-fledged infestation that can only be solved by professional pest control treatment.
If you suspect rodents are living in your attic, it’s time to call the professionals at JD Smith Pest Control.
What is the process of attic restoration?
JD Smith Pest Control offers our attic restoration service to remove rodents and undo the damage they’ve caused. During this process, our pest control experts will deliver the following services:
- Rodent trapping
- Rodent exclusion
- Removal of soiled insulation
- Install new pest-resistant insulation
- Disinfect and deodorize
- Insect treatment (infestation brought in by rodents)
We will remove and replace all of the insulation that has been soiled or otherwise damaged. After we’ve sanitized and disinfected your attic, we install TAP® Pest Control Insulation.
How to protect your home from rodents
Of course, if you don’t yet have a rodent problem, the best course of action is prevention. This can include:
- Roof vent shields. Those gray pipes sticking out of your roof offer pests a way into your home. By placing a roof vent shield on the pipes, you’ll stop rodents like squirrels from entering and causing damage. JD Smith Pest Control can provide these shields.
- Keeping your attic access panels closed. Some homes include an attic access point in the garage. This can be an issue as many of us will open the garage door while working on a project. During those moments we go into the house or the back yard, rodents may take the opportunity to explore. Make sure your attic hatch is secure and you won’t have to worry about squirrels or rats scurrying up your shelves and into the attic where they don’t belong.
- Repairing your soffits. Even tiny openings less than the size of a quarter are enough for a small rodent to enter your attic. See more of our tips on how to keep rodents away from your home.
JD Smith Pest Control can help protect your family and home through our Rodent Exclusion services. These include a thorough inspection of your house and sealing any gaps larger than ¼ of an inch. We will also treat your home and property for the pests that rodents rely on for food.
Schedule your free quote with JD Smith
If your attic has been infested with rodents, please don’t let them do any more damage. And stop worrying. Take action when you call JD Smith Pest Control. Our certified inspectors are ready to assess your situation and carry out our attic restoration process. Schedule your free quote today.